Monday, November 9, 2009

BELLA L'AUTUNNO!!!

Autumn is definitely here!  Although it is very quickly disappearing.  While I was running Saturday morning, I was amazed by all the fall colors in the parks by my house.  I even found the street that I want to live on - at least this time of year!  It was beautiful!!  I had to go back and take some pictures of Fall before it left us here.  It's been mostly raining and chilly but I think I can last until I get home to buy some warmer clothes..although I did buy some boots so everyone can stop asking me if my feet are cold.  Other than that, it's been mostly teaching and lesson planning and trying to learn some Italian so I can one day have a real conversation...I love my business english class that I teach at the business school.  I have 15 students that are 18-22 years old.  They are a challenge to entertain for 2 hours but I think we find each other mutually entertaining for the most part.  Teaching English really is fun - as well as teaching math for the SAT and GMAT and such (which I am so glad I don't have to take).  It will be even better when I am better at it.  And I have my first private student - a professor here that wants to know English for a project.  He just quizzes me for an hour and tests my Italian skills, since he speaks almost zero English.  It should be interesting to see where we hit the point at which I can no longer understand his questions..So things are good!  I would love to hear how all of you are doing!!


FALL PICTURES FOR YOU!  Sorry there are so many but they are all my favorites!

 

These pictures are from the Stibbert Park by my house.  It is a beautiful strange little park even without the fall colors.  Lots of Egyptian artifacts everywhere for some reason.


What a perfect fall day to be sitting on a park bench.


 
 
A different park by my house - the Botanical Gardens


I think this one is my favorite!  Look at those colors!



 


My favorite street in Florence at the moment - this street was absolutely stunning with all the fall colors - and the point at which my perfect fall day turned into lots of rain and a wet walk back home..

1 comment:

  1. Are all these parks in Florence? WOW I have nevers seen them. ah ah ah. Since you are a woman of science you should go to the Stibbert Museum to se Galileo telescope. Once in a life time thing!!

    ReplyDelete