Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas and Home..

So I'm back in Italy already after a much too short vacation..although my luggage and my cell phone did not make it with me (I'm still crossing my fingers although it's been 3 days already).  I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that this is home and I got back from vacation, not the other way around.  It's nice to be back and see the friends that I've made here and hear everyone's vacation stories.  And to see my students, of course, who haven't changed a bit and still talked throughout most of my lesson...

It was wonderful being home for three weeks, and enjoying all of the American comforts that I miss here in Italy (nice, warm house, comfortable bed, a bubble bath, measuring cups and lots of yummy treats, American food, mexican food, macaroni & cheese, sushi..etc..)  It was also really, really nice to see all of my family and friends.  I spent most of my time visiting with friends, hanging out with family, shopping and eating...  My family went down to San Diego for a week to enjoy some warmer weather and stayed in a nice little condo by the beach.  It was great to spend time with everyone and I already miss them.

The family at Disneyland - the look on Matthew's face makes me laugh every time!!


Dad trying to bail mom out of jail - again.

Mmmm..paper!
 
We toured the USS Midway - an aircraft carrier - and it was pretty cool.


MATT AND THE BEACH>>


Look at that pure joy!  Who knew that Marcus loved the water so much - I guess it comes with being a part of our family.


The cutest little nephew ever...tired from all that splashing and playing in the water


Good-bye warm sunny California...

 

1 comment:

  1. Im sorry Liz. I hope you get your luggage back. Was that the big luggage bag (from Matt)?

    -ross

    ReplyDelete