Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trip to Italy

So..a blog! I'm not quite sure how I feel about that but I figure it is the easiest way to keep in touch with everyone and save me the trouble of emailing anyone back (jk!). Also, proof that I'm still alive..although someday I plan to get my cell phone service set up..Of course, we have been so CRAZY BUSY with coursework, it took me over a week to get around to doing this much...


Sono arrivato in Italia!! It is so beautiful and amazing and busy and historic and friendly and big! I am loving it already! I am going to try and post some pictures of my stopovers on the way here and my first few days.. It's my goal to post every day or so, mostly so I can keep a record of what I've done and to encourage me to take more pictures!
I took a somewhat circuitous route to get to Firenze - starting out in Frankfurt, Germany.  Here are some pictures of my journey..
The water tower in Mannheim, Germany where I stayed.
The Munster Cathedral and ferry boat along the Rhine in Basel.  They have this awesome free bus pass that is a great free on/off bus tour when it's raining and your knee is broken from lugging around too much luggage..
Views from the train ride from Germany through the Swiss Alps.  Very beautiful!

The lake Lugano in Switzerland.  This place was one of the most beautiful and scenic places I've ever been!  I need to go back..

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world. Glad that you are enjoying italy. I love it there too. And the pictures are very nice. Someday you will have to take the family there to show us all the pretty places you found. Good luck with all of the school work. i guess you needed a challenge in your life. Miss you and glad that I can read what is going on with you. I'll have to figure out Ross' calling card so we can call you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz!Bring marcus a Ferrari when you come back. Be safe out there!

    Ross & marcus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz
    My mom, Courtney and I are all reading your blog and wishing we were there. Courtney is freaking out cause she didn't know you moved to Italy. I will be at my parents on Sunday for dinner so we will call you. They love paying for over seas calls:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to hear you're doing well. You can doooo it! Love the Alps pic.

    ReplyDelete