Monday, April 26, 2010

La Primavera

Spring has finally sprung and I am loving it!  "I would have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket."  Name that movie..
It has also been the week of good culture..(settimana della cultura) the past week and all of the state run museums were free.  I took the opportunity to go to the Palazzo Pitti, the Boboli Gardens, the Uffizi and the Accademia (the David and the prisoners always impress me). 
These first are pictures from the Stibbert Park by my house, my favorite in the city.  There were little ducklings, bees, turtles and wildflowers covering the grass.  You can see Autumn pictures on my blog here


.These are of the view from the other park by my house - a view that I will never get tired of.


I loved the Palazzo Pitti with its decorations and paintings and architecture.  The gardens are also impressive, mostly because I never get to see that much green grass anymore..and also because there are some great views of the Tuscan countryside.  An awesome storm rolled in (well, the lightning and thunder were great until I started getting wet).

There was a fun group playing drums and waving flags and such to reenact something that apparently was festive in Italy a long time ago..

And because I am finally getting around to posting these pics from our good-bye dinner with Meaghan..Litta's rice, home-made ravioli, awesome bruschetta and (of course) Titti's tiramisu.
Thanks for being such an awesome friend Meaghan!  I miss you tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment