Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sono arrivata! Back in Italy

After a marvelous summer filled with travel, sun, family and fun I have finally returned back to Italy for another year of teaching and soaking up some Italian culture.  I am looking forward to doing some more travelling, visiting more Tuscan towns and improving my Italian to a respectable level of conversation. I celebrated my return with some pizza and gelato, naturally, and a stroll through the center to see what has changed since I left (not much). 

Things I will miss from the US (and you should be grateful you have):   A couch, reliable internet, Mexican food, a car, Target, good friends, quiet, a nice big bed, Family

Things I enjoy in Italy (and you’re missing out on): Pizza, gelato, the ability to walk almost anywhere, culture and art everywhere, Italians, piazzas, evening strolls, people everywhere

I will put up some pictures of some of my summer travels soon, mostly because I don’t even remember half of the things that I have done or seen so I’d better write them down. 

1 comment:

  1. I have read your lists a couple of times now, and I finally decided to leave a comment to say I think they're really funny. Way to educate Americans. And I'm serious about you being welcome to fly up for a holiday or two. Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete