Friday, December 17, 2010

BUON Natale!

Christmas is really the best time of year here in Florence!  There are lights strung up all over town – stars, fleur-de-lys, trees, balls, ceilings of lights.  The German market is in town with great food, and fun gifts and booths.  And of course it’s hot chocolate and christmas cookie season!!  I have been on the hunt for molasses and a gingerbread cookie cutter and I am determined to make some gingerbread men!  Who knew cookie cutters could be so priceless? 
I am SO excited for a little Christmas break – although it will only be about 10 days – it will be nice to not have to explain grammar for at least that long.  I have been super busy lately and I think I’ve worked every Saturday for at least 2 months.  At least, this Wednesday was a holiday and I finally got out of Florence for a visit to Siena to see the lights and the festivities.
   I’m going to Sweden to visit Laura and her family for Christmas and I am excited – should be lots of fun, although maybe just a little cold Smile
Buon Natale!  Enjoy those christmas cookies, candy canes, See’s candies, and every sugar-filled American treat!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You are so cool to cook thanksgiving dinner, and all from scratch!! You'll have to cook another feast for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete