Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Buon Natale!!

The Christmas lights are finally on in the city!!  They've been stringing them up for weeks but most finally came on the day after Thanksgiving (ironic, since that holiday does not exist here).  There are some Christmas decorations and nativities in the shop windows but I'm missing the constant Christmas music and houses lights. My roommates bought a tree and it is fabulous - finally Christmas and only three weeks away from a trip back to the US!!~

 
Our Christmas tree!  It's not live but it's still pretty - my roommate said if I want to smell a real tree than I can just go outside : )

Thanksgiving was just a normal working day here.  But one of my friends cooked us an awesome Thanksgiving dinner Friday night with some supplies her mom sent her from the states - chicken, homemade cranberry sauce, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin bread and brownies - mmm..!  I can't believe it's already December!

And some pics from my daily walk to school..


The random Orhtodox church I found one day on my walk..




The fountain at the Fortezza da Basso


 This is the Scuola di Aziendali in Sorgnane where I teach my Business English class 3 times a week 

No comments:

Post a Comment